Stadsschouwburg Antwerpen remains open
Recently there have been a number of reports in the media about Stadsschouwburg Antwerpen. The building is in need of renovation, but because the costs are too high, the Antwerp city council has decided to demolish the theater and build a new one elsewhere in the city.
However, visitors can sleep on both ears: the building may have been affected by concrete rot, but it is still in a safe condition. A performance at Stadsschouwburg Antwerpen can therefore take place, as always, in complete safety. For the construction of the new location, there is no concrete timing for the time being. Stadsschouwburg Antwerpen will of course remain open.
You can attend shows and concerts at our venues with complete peace of mind. All our venues comply with government-imposed ventilation standards.
Depending on the color of the Coronavirus barometer, we also take into account the visitor capacity, so that our events can proceed in complete safety.
For more information on the impact of the corona barometer on your event, please visit the Help Center.
Our guarded cloakroom is located on the right side of the foyer.
You pay 2 euros per coat rack with a maximum of 2 coats per coat rack that you give in custody.
Opening of the doors
Some days before the event, go to the specific page of the event you are attending for the correct start and end times.
Normally, the venue doors are open an hour before the start of the event. You can order snacks and drinks at one of the many food and drink stands in the foyer.
Make sure you leave on time and be aware of any road constructions or possible traffic jams, so you don’t have to miss the start of the event.
Access to the venue
- Do not buy tickets via auction sites or the secondary market. These tickets may be invalid. You run the risk of being denied access to the venue. Official tickets can be purchased safely and at the correct price via our venue website.
- Always offer your own ticket at the entrance and not someone else’s. This makes scanning much easier and avoids waiting times at the door. Important! If you have booked e-tickets, it is essential that they are visible on your smartphone screen with maximum brightness (no screenshot, no broken screen).
- Do not take any luggage, (large) handbags or backpacks with you and respond correctly to any requests from the security staff. Bags must not be larger than 21 cm x 30 cm x 10 cm (or 8.27 × 11.81 × 3.94 inch; A4 size).
- It is forbidden to enter the venue with bottles, cans, alcohol, sound recorders, film and photo cameras, fireworks and objects that may pose a threat to security. Smartphones with a photo function are tolerated, unless otherwise stated. No photography or filming is permitted at events, unless otherwise specified by the organiser. Entering the venue implies agreement with possible searching.
- SMOKING in the venue is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
Visit with toddlers
We very often have children’s shows in our theatre. If you come to Stadsschouwburg Antwerpen with small children, please keep in mind the following arrangements.
- Buggies and diaper bags can be left safely in our cloakroom.
- A changing mat and a nappy container are available in the sanitary area.
- The theatre has raised cushions on loan for the little ones. These cushions are available while supplies last.
- Take into account the noise level at children's shows: provide your child with appropriate hearing protection.
- There is “1 ticket per spectator” in the theatre. Children are not allowed to sit on the lap and you also have to buy a ticket when the child is staying in a child car seat. For fire safety reasons, the theatre has a maximum number of people allowed, regardless of age.
- If you have any questions about the possibilities of breastfeeding in the theatre, please contact us at +32 3 400 69 69 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay at every point of sale with your bank card, smartphone or your be•at Cashless Card. Read more.
Visit Antwerp, book your hotel
Combine your visit to Stadsschouwburg Antwerpen with a visit to the city.
Explore Antwerp and book an overnight stay in a hotel.